Parenthetic is building human-driven machine learning systems for behavioral analysis. We are developing a platform that automates traditionally time-intensive analyst tasks and brings them to internet scales. Our R&D work focuses on the intersection of machine learning for understanding the communications environment and and investigating how it influences human behavior.
You could call it DevOps, SRE, or infrastructure engineering, we are looking for an individual to contribute to the development, deployment, and operation of our APIs, ML pipeline, CI/CD pipelines, and organizational infrastructure. Our organization is building tools for data collection, processing, and visualization to serve the needs of Parenthetic's communications analysts. An ideal candidate will have experience working with Kubernetes (GKE is a plus) and Helm, other deployment and configuration tools, and scripting languages (Python and bash). You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks from engineering builds and orchestrating deployments to managing access controls and VPNs. As this is a new team, we are looking for candidates who are willing to help grow the organization by taking on a range of responsibilities across the technical spectrum and are interested in learning new skills.
Your job will be primarily to:
- Gather requirements, design solutions, and implement features for internal tools and systems.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain technologies to support our developers and data scientists and maintain infrastructure-as-code.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of our data processing pipeline and supporting services.
- Provide input into architectural decision making, system roadmaps, and development milestones.
- Understand user needs, collect feedback, and test solutions to customer challenges.
- Participate in the full software lifecycle, including maintaining and operating deployed software.
The position may require occasional on-site work in the Washington DC area for team and client meetings.
Work Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience with "infrastructure as code" tools like Terraform and Ansible.
- Ability to create CI/CD systems using GitLab CI and ArgoCD or similar technologies.
- Thorough understanding of how to effectively use Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.
- Experience with some of the other technologies/services in our stack: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, Kafka, Wireguard, Jupyterhub, KEDA, and Redis.
- Ability to write structured and documented code that is tested and maintainable.
- Demonstrate organized thinking, with the ability to translate internal and external customer needs into development targets.
- Aptitude for learning quickly and a willingness to take on a wide range of responsibilities.
- BS or Master’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Prior experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience working with data science teams and the MLOps cycle.
- Prior work in the marketing/communications and/or defense sectors.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a US government security clearance.