Jellyvision is hiring an Engineering Team Lead
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We’re the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes choosing (and using) employee benefits easier and more enjoyable. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think the best way to achieve that is with a staff that reflects the vast range of ideas, perspectives, and experiences of the millions of people who use our products.
How you’ll help
As a Team Lead, you'll provide technical leadership for a cross-functional team consisting of application and test engineers. You’ll use your experience to collaborate with your team on writing and shipping straightforward and maintainable code, while reserving time to help support them in their professional development.
What you’ll do
Our Team Leads are equally as excited about writing good, clean code, as they are about helping grow and mentor their team. Team Leads at Jellyvision have the following responsibilities:
- Architect and design straightforward solutions to problems
- Coach, mentor, and pair with less experienced team members
- Hold regular 1-1s with direct reports
- Collaborate with our product and creative teams, as well as other team leads and managers
- Evaluate build vs. buy decisions and ensure we only build custom solutions when necessary
- Write maintainable, reliable, and performant code
- Participate in thoughtful and constructive code reviews
- Foster an inclusive team environment
Jellyvision is a wonderful place for developers to learn and grow, and we're looking for a Team Lead who will help them look towards the future of our products. A good Team Lead is both an advocate for the developers on their team, and a strong leader who helps to translate business requirements into well-designed, stable, and performant software products.
Experience & skills you’ll need
We're looking for Team Leads who are:
- Effective communicators: as the main point of contact for your team, you’ll collaborate regularly with members of teams outside the engineering organization.
- Technical leaders: you will have the opportunity to write code, and you will be actively involved in the whole of the software development lifecycle.
- Experienced with Agile methodologies: you understand that Agile is a set of principles, not a fixed process, and can assist in adapting standard methodologies to best fit the needs of your team.
We like our Team Leads to have experience with:
- Unit testing and test automation
- Source control (we use git)
- Relational databases
- AWS (DevOps experience is a bonus)
- Containerization / Docker
- Communicates Effectively
- Decision Quality
- Develops Talent
- Directs Work
- Drives Engagement
- Manages Conflict
Jellyvision is committed to fostering a more inclusive workplace where people across all dimensions of diversity and intersectionality, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neuro-diversity, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or country of origin are welcomed, valued, and celebrated! We have an opportunity to increase representation at all levels and need your unique talents, background and perspectives. We look forward to your contributions to our team.
Thank you for your interest in Jellyvision!