By pairing engineers with leaders in our education, science, and justice and opportunity teams, we can bring technology to the table in new ways to help drive solutions. We are uniquely positioned to design, build, and scale software systems to help educators, scientists, and policy experts better address the myriad challenges they face. Our technology team is already helping schools bring personalized learning tools to teachers and schools across the country and supporting scientists around the world as they develop a comprehensive reference atlas of all cells in the human body.
The Infrastructure organization works on building shared tools and platforms to be used across all of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. Members of the shared infrastructure engineering team have an impact on all of CZI's initiatives by enabling the technology solutions used by other engineering teams at CZI to scale. A person in this role will build these technology solutions and help to cultivate a culture of shared best practices and knowledge around core engineering.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, stability, and security of CZI engineering
- Design and build tools and libraries, constituting a shared stack for use across 5+ engineering teams
- Evangelize and educate teams across CZI on best practices
- You will participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- Proficiency with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience building internal tools and cloud infrastructure
- Shown ability with a scripting language such as Python, PHP, Ruby, or Perl
- Proven ability with a systems language such as C, C++, C#, Go, Java or Scala
- Experience with containers, cloud container schedulers, and continuous deployment systems
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant coding experience