Our work in education is aimed at ensuring that every student — not just a lucky few — can get an education that’s tailored to their individual needs and supports every aspect of their development. An example of our work is our partnership with Summit Learning — a personalized approach to education developed by Summit Public Schools in partnership with learning scientists, researchers, and academics. With Summit Learning, students gain the skills, knowledge and habits to succeed in college and enter adulthood with a clear vision for achieving purpose and wellbeing in life.
The Trust team is a mission critical team for the Education Initiative. Both education products, the Summit Learning Platform, and the newly launched video journal, Along, rely on accurate student data in order to personalize the learning experience. We’re responsible for earning and maintaining user trust through building infrastructures that guarantee the security and privacy of the products.
- Partner closely with a cross-functional team to gather requirements and promote and implement best practices
- Design and improve privacy & security infrastructure to protect user data, including user access control for multiple systems
- Maintain and improve the data deletion and export system in compliance with our data privacy principles
- Mentor junior engineers on the team in growing both their skills and their careers
- Help to establish engineering culture
- Build off of and contribute back to the open-source ecosystem
- 5+ years relevant coding experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails framework or similar web frameworks
- Experience with a scripting language such as Ruby or Python
- Shown ability to independently define project requirements and ship high-quality software and contribute to software design decisions
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Experience designing privacy & security infrastructure (nice to have)
CZI believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission and work to cure, manage, and prevent disease. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination, including eligible booster(s), will be required for all employees (with the exception of reasonable accommodations due to medical or religious beliefs). All visitors coming onsite to a CZI facility are required to show proof of COVID vaccination or take an onsite COVID test.