Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Location: Remote position, must reside in United States
Do you stand out from the crowd? We're looking for engineers that want to build something great with a group of incredible people. We work hard to create our industry-leading products. And we strive to make our users, customers, and, most importantly, their candidates (you!) have the best experience possible.
In addition to the standards (salary, bonus, equity), HireVue offers:
- Flexible PTO + medical + dental + vision + 401k match
- Culture of collaboration + weekly team presentations + hackweeks and team events (virtually when in a pandemic)
What you will be doing:
In this position, youll be working on HireVue's newest product - Hiring Assistant - which aims to make recruiting delightful and efficient for everyone. It utilizes next-generation AI / NLP technology to automate the process by intelligently engaging via text and web chat. (ie. ChatBot)
As a senior software engineer (backend), you will be creating and maintaining backend services, processing pipelines and datastores that are robust, scalable, and maintainable. You will work directly with a Product Manager, Designer, QA Engineers, IO Psychologists and other Software Engineers.
We believe that code isn't worthwhile until customers are using it. Your team will ship high quality code to production frequently. Here are some of the things you'll do to make that happen:
- Prototyping, writing tests, reviewing each other's code, and working closely with the QA engineers
- Making architectural decisions with domain experts so your team's work is scalable and easy to operate
- Monitoring how your code behaves as customers use it
Backend: Python, Django, Celery, WebRTC
Frontend: React, HTML, CSS
Storage: Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, S3, Elastic Search
Know it, or want to learn it, then this is the stack for you!
We want to build great, industry impacting features and have fun doing it. Our team members think the most important parts of our culture are:
- Teams work together to decide what will give our customers the most value and how to accomplish it.
- Virtual theme days, photo contests, happy hours and more. Slippers encouraged.
- We encourage you to use that flexible time off policy! (just dont let your team down!)
- Our most important attrivute is Act like an Owner. Others are Keep it Simple, Disagree and Commit, and Think Big.
- We get excited about our hackweeks and try to have large team or company events at least twice a year (or virtually when in a pandemic).
We have Mountain Bikers, Road Bikers, Skiers / Boarders (dawn patrol & resort), Runners, Video Game heroes, Movie Buffs, Musicians, and every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. Someone here is just waiting to be your friend!
- Fill out our very basic application form or reach out to us (apply, email, shout, call)
- We send you a link to use our awesome software and tell us more about yourself (includes a coding challenge and assessments)
- We invite you to do a Live interview using our software, so you can meet the team. Youll learn more about us while we learn more about you.
Flexible Paid Time Off | Medical, Dental, Vision | 12 Weeks Maternity & Adoption | 401K match
HireVue is transforming the way companies discover, hire, and develop the best talent by combining the power of video, games, and AI for better hiring decisions.
We are relentlessly focused on developing fair and objective hiring solutions to help our customers and their candidates, and we embrace this same focus of fair and objective hiring when we hire for our own team, striving to build a diverse and inclusive culture based on a foundation of respect and inclusion.
HireVue is available worldwide in over 30 languages and has hosted more than 14 million on-demand interviews and one million assessments. Its more than 700 customers worldwide including over one-third of the Fortune 100 and leading brands such as Unilever, JP Morgan Chase, Delta Air Lines, Vodafone, Carnival Cruise Line, and Goldman Sachs.
HireVue is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. HireVue is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.