How we hire:
At Pentalog, excellence is what you'll do. We're guided by a mission to positively impact the software development world.
More on the project:
Our client, a neobroker who became the first Austrian Unicorn in 2021, is on the lookout for a Reactive Java Developer to support their continuous growth.
This self-proclaimed fastest-growing FinTech is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and make investing more accessible. investing closer to everyone, everywhere. With the help of their digital investment platform, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies, or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
As a Reactive Java Developer, you will will engage in all stages of the software engineering process from the inception phase to delivery to the end-customer, for the continuous support of our client’s platform. The role places demand on timely and efficient delivery of high-quality code, enhancements to the existing performance, architectural design and development of creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems. In this position, you must act with a strong sense of product affiliation and a sense of change ownership.
You will ensure an efficient API / backend system that is reliable, easy to maintain and catering to all front-end (internal) and external client needs. As part of a cross-functional team, you will work end-to-end on the creation of new features, interacting with the Technical Product Owners, Product Designers, Frontend Developers, QA and Scrum Master.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development with Java 11+ (at least 6 years with Java);
- Asynchronous and reactive development;
- Event-Driven architecture experience with Spring Boot and Microservices;
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases (preferably Postgres);
- Experience creating and maintaining publicly available REST APIs;
- Practical knowledge in using message-oriented middleware (Kafka);
- Know-how in using CI/CD;
- Very good communication and collaboration skills;
- Fluency in English.
- Design and develop scalable, resilient, message-driven services using Java as a programming language;
- Write clean and correct code with high test coverage and extensive testing;
- Contribute to conversational development, disseminating information to the rest of the team
- Optimize systems to ensure reliability, performance, scalability and maintainability;
- Guide and mentor other team members.
- Previous experience with libraries such as Vert.x, RxJava, Micronaut, Project Reactor, Akka, webFlaGs;
- Familiarity with AWS.
- English and French language classes;
- Competitive salary and bonuses;
- Free pass to learning platforms;
- A multicultural, friendly work environment;
- Working in a company with an Agile mindset: continuous knowledge sharing and validated learning;
- The possibility to bring your own creative and innovative ideas to life;
- Mentorship programs that encourage and enable your professional development;
- Private Health Insurance and meal tickets;
- Improvement of your hard and soft skills through workshops, knowledge sharing sessions and presentations on multiple IT-related topics.