PEMDAS is looking for an experienced lead software engineer to join our remote team and develop autonomous hardware and software for unmanned aerial and ground vehicles.
Your skills and expertise will help PEMDAS develop predictive flight software for autonomous platforms and solve large data problem sets for atmospheric physics that impacts the use of unmanned aerial and ground vehicles. Elements of this work incorporate machine-2-machine learning and AI.
As we are a remote team, you must have the discipline to manage your time while working from home. Some travel will be required (<25%) in order to better coordinate implementation of complex solutions with our team and to facilitate demonstrations of our solutions to our government clients on site.
- Master’s degree in computer engineering or science; or
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or science with 10 years relevant experience.
- Holds or is willing to apply for a Secret clearance (minimum).
- Experience and expertise in the following software related skills and knowledge:
- Containers (Docker/Podman)
- Linux administration
- GIS data and mapping
Preference given to those that:
- Knowledgeable in aviation.
- Working understanding of meteorology.
You will be a perfect fit if you:
- Enjoy working on new, unexplored problems.
- Enjoy flight testing, data analysis and overcoming challenges.
- Are focused on solving the problem, even if you and team stay the weekend to get it done.
- Do not like working mundane tasks but prefer the ability to develop creative solutions.
- Thrive when working in the comfort of your own home as part of a geographically separated team.