We’re hiring an experienced Data Engineer to work 100% remotely for a global e-commerce platform.
You will be building a platform that is empowering hundreds of Amazon sellers to succeed and grow. The Data Engineering team that you’ll be joining is responsible for collecting, processing and storing data related to the transactions happening at Amazon.
What You’ll Do:
- Build pipelines to handle large scale data collection processes and power core features of the platform.
- Design low risk Spark processes and write effective Spark jobs (data processes, aggregations, pipeline).
- Help manage the data lake
- Write high quality, extensible and testable code by applying good engineering practices (TDD, SOLID).
- Work with stakeholders to help define our data roadmap and strategy.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong programming skills in Python (or Java / Scala).
- Experience writing Spark jobs.
- Experience with cloud providers (ideally AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Fluency in English.
- Good communication skills.
This is a long-term, full-time contract role. We care about job security for our team and we’re looking for people who want to grow with us.