This is a remote position but within +/- 2 hours of Eastern Standard Timezones.
Applicants must have strong written and oral communication in English.
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital wanted to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients who understand that good applications come from happy engineers and team members. We’re headquartered in NYC and DC with additional remote engineers across the US and Latin America.
Blue Orange Digital is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our talented multi-disciplinary team. We build modern data analytics platforms for our clients that incorporate machine learning to solve business problems. Blue Orange Digital works across multiple industries, this role provides an exciting set of experiences across a wide range of domains.
Your primary focus will be the design and development of data ingestions and ETL pipelines with Matillion for an Enterprise Data Warehouse. Blue Orange engineers take end-to-end ownership of their code and platforms, so the ideal candidate for this position has a mixture of experience in Cloud Engineering and Data Engineering. At Blue Orange we never stop learning and growing, new team members should be passionate about data technology and life-long learners.
Core Responsibilities & Skills
- Design, develop, test and maintain maintainable, scalable ETL pipelines in AWS with Matillion & Redshift.
- Work closely with business and technical stakeholders to refine pipeline requirements
- Help establish and follow best practices for the design and development of data integration, data transformation and data quality tasks.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolution for data issues.
- Work closely in a team setting to deliver a high level of quality and value to the client.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience using Matillion in production.
- Minimum of 5 years experience building ETL pipelines and working with different Cloud Data Warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse)
- Advanced experience in Python and SQL with an excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, complex data structure, data processing, data quality, data lifecycle, and algorithms.
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- AWS certification, or progress toward, at the associate level (Solutions Architect or Developer), or specialty (Big Data) a strong advantage.
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment