Your tasks – this is what awaits you in detail
- As Lead / Staff Engineer (f/m/d) in our cross functional teams you proactively develop the Kaufland Marketplace and internal services further
- You partner with your colleagues to create new products and features and ensure reliable end-to-end solutions for our customers (internally and externally)
- You lead the continual improvement of our code base and pay strong attention to API design, automated tests, scalability and resilience
- You write well-structured, efficient and maintainable code in order to build complex and high scalable technical solutions
- You constantly challenge our status quo, identify room for improvement and help us to define best practices for our engineering horizontal
- Based on your former knowledge you provide technical mentorship to other software engineers at all levels, empower them, proactively share learnings and drive continuous improvement initiatives across all engineering teams
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- You are a seasoned expert and veteran of many battles who is proficient in building complex high-scale products which are able to handle the requests by millions of users
- You bring along evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of demanding web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines)
- You are highly proficient in PHP (and ideally Symfony), have a deep understanding of databases and possess strong experience towards the software development cycle.
- You are able to identify a good solution and explain its quality to other engineers, community members, managers or customers.
- You are a natural leader with a product centric mindset and proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority by ensuring technical guidance and sharing engineering domain expertise with all our colleagues
- You act as a role model and actively drive the further development of an inclusive engineering culture by making sure we’re continually raising the talent bar and moving on building high performing teams