Banno is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. Banno leverages bleeding edge technology and an industry leading product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps. We build front end applications using modern web components.
You are infinitely curious and thrive in an environment where you are constantly learning and growing. You want to be somewhere that you are trusted and set up for success every day. You want to be somewhere that surrounds you with other great engineers that drive you to be better everyday.
Although you work in a team you are self motivated and able to work with independence. You want to own the deliverable from working with the product manager to define the scope all the way through supporting your work in production. You care deeply about your work, your team, and the end user.
Banno values trust and those with a bias towards action. We have a remote-first culture that challenges you each day and supports your growth. We are confident you will love it here.
What you and your team are working on
The Scala Engineers participate and works with our team to build Banno’s next generation of services that power a set of critical domains. These services ultimately power Banno’s Open API and our online and mobile banking products. Banno’s APIs are first-class-citizens and are consumed by both internal teams and organizations outside of Banno.
This team is constantly keeping your services up to date with the newest development, deployment and release practices to offer exciting user experiences with highly secured data. Your team also collaborates with other Banno teams to build tools and processes that help scale our rapidly growing platform.
About the Banno team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With an engineering team of over 100, we place high value on continued education and also contribute to, and use, open source projects.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want–as long as your work hours match US business hours. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with bleeding edge web technologies across the stack and contribute to products that are used by thousands of people.
Travel of up to 5% may be required for company meetings and professional development.
- Minimum 2 years of back-end development experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience deploying and supporting services in production
- 2 to 10+ years of back-end development.
- Experience programming using Scala highly preferred.
- Experience with functional programming.
- Experience using the Typelevel Stack (http4s, doobie, cats, cats-effect).
- Experience working with Microservices Architecture.
- Experience with Continuous Integration Pipelines.
- Experience with observability and monitoring.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases.
- Experience with Kafka and event-based systems.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (PaaS/Container orchestration platform).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.