The Sr. Software Engineer/Tech Lead has sound comprehension of the technology stack and associated business domain. He/she mentors the technology team, formulates implementation guidelines, provides technology direction, ensures project implementation compliance, and utilizes technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. You will be completely hands-on and ensure that all engineering components are well understood by the team and stories/tickets are implemented optimally. You must possess a good understanding of the domain and ensure that functional requirements are conceptually understood and implemented for durability and scalability.
Additionally, as a Lead, you will significantly contribute to identifying best-fit solutions for one or more projects, collaborate with your colleagues and stakeholders to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions. You will work closely with DevOps to facilitate the continuous deployment process and provide inputs for optimal utilization of AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Own technical work streams and/or act as a team lead and manage multiple streams and complex components of the work plan/project.
- Provide solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Participate in technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Participate in configuring the infrastructure architecture and advise engineering teams on its efficient use.
- Work as part of an agile development team to build and support highly scalable back and front-end software systems.
- Work with team in recommending new technologies to ensure innovation, quality, and productivity.
- Work with team to complete backlog commitments.
- Develop effective technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Participate in all Scrum events (standups, planning, story grooming, reviews, retrospective).
- Participate in research of emerging technologies to accelerate development for our customers & products.
- Collaborate with other engineers in planning, prioritizing, and executing assigned tasks with deadlines.
- Work with team and technical product management to manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Interact directly with business customers to gather and understand requirements and how they translate in application features.
- Develop applications and services using the right tool for the job.
- Contribute consistently to solve common problems.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Deploy applications across all environments in collaboration with Engineering team, DevOps, and Technical Product Management.
- Champion code quality including unit and integration testing.
- Evaluate existing applications to refactor, update and add new features, develop any technical documentation needed to represent accurately application design and code.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve own knowledge and skills and those of more junior engineers.
- Help to shape the vision for the products, considering impacts, dependencies, and opportunities to collaborate with other teams and groups.
- Identify opportunities to develop new and better solutions.
- Anticipate and address technical obstacles affecting team and related teams.
- Provide guidance for technical design and architecture decisions within the team.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of new technologies.
- Participate in the product development cycle to include requirements and design reviews conducted by developers and review their contract deliverables.
- Establish, promote, and coach Engineering teams on technical best practices.
- Successfully mentor other people and teams on technologies, techniques, or standards across the organization.
- This position is Remote/Telecommute.
- Must have a minimum of 8+ years of professional software engineering experience and a Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 2+ years of experience in serverless microservices technologies
- 5 + years of experience in using frameworks like Spring, Spring boot, etc.
- Knowledge of performance tuning data intensive applications.
- Expertise in performance profiling, ability to identify performance improvements and memory optimizations.
- Strong hands-on experience with cloud technologies and distributed architecture.
- Experience with modern frameworks and technologies inclusive of Microservices development experience.
- Must have strong API development experience.
- Strong debugging, problem solving, and investigative skills.
- Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages, etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies.
- Experience in complete project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes.
- Good communications skills and the ability to communicate clearly with peers, customers, and Leadership.
- Motivated, autonomous, and responsible with a history of shaping and establishing technical vision and architecture within successful companies.
- A self-starter that likes taking on challenges and being a leader with engineering solutions.
- Candidate that collaborates well and likes to work toward consensus within each team.
- Has a solid engineering/development background.
- Ability to assist in evaluation of software specification, interface specifications, and technical standards to meet business requirements and hardware/software compatibility.
- A creator and a builder who embraces ambitious ideas, creates alignment around plans, and then moves into efficient execution.
- A mentor, leader, and culture-builder. Has extensive experience leading complex technical projects, mentoring, and coaching engineers in tackling technical challenges at a large scale and accelerated pace.
Must have 3 or more of the following:
- 5+ years of experience in Java application end to end development and well versed on coding, design patterns and related frameworks.
- 3+ years of experience in Node.js
- 3+ years of experience in Python
Preferred Skills And Education:
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with authoring, editing, and presenting technical documents.
- Experience in supporting automation using Infrastructure as code (IaC) tools for building replicable on-demand infrastructure in AWS.
- Experience in extensive stress testing of enterprise applications.
Nice to have:
- Experience with virtual event, video stream, or webcasting industries
- Unlimited Vacation
- Company paid medical, vision and dental benefits
- Equity in the company