Who we are looking for:
At IG we’re aiming to transform our current processes and redefine how technology works within the business. At the heart of this change is the IGuana Platform.
Designed from the ground up, using Kubernetes and a DevOps mindset, IGuana is enabling our vast development community to move fast without losing the resiliency which is so important to our business.
To support us on this journey we need an experienced DevOps engineer to join and become a major part of defining, shaping and of course implementing this vision.
We want an engineer who’s had strong experience with Kubernetes, been burnt by it, and run it at scale. They should be engaged with the technological ecosystem, know the difference between Helm and Kustomise and be confident taking on new tools as they appear on the market.
We want someone who's openminded, can communicate well and help drive positive change through the organisation.
As a team we are constantly looking to improve and make a difference for our customers (the development teams). This person should be happy to spend time understanding a development team’s motivations and mindset. Ensuring we build the best possible solutions to meet their needs and use their experience to deliver a ground-breaking platform.
Finally, attitude is everything. We want someone who’s engaged, positive and motivates other people in the team. It’s important to us that they enjoy the challenges` of the work and can share that enthusiasm with others.
- Experience with Kubernetes at scale on-prem or in the cloud.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or similar.
- Deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and tools which provide this functionality.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo or similar.
- Good understanding of at least one scripting language such as Python, Ruby, Nodejs or Go.
- Good understanding of Agile, specifically Scrum.
- Self-motivated and driven to learn new technologies.
- Good knowledge of GIT and branching strategies.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- AWS certified or relevant experience deploying and managing cloud-based applications.
- A good understanding of the Development mindset.
- Mentoring staff in best practices
- Experience of building and delivering Enterprise solutions.
- Experience of working as a developer and the challenges of that role.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent at working within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptive