Are you excited about working with some of the latest technologies to deliver new solutions to banks & credit unions? The Jack Henry & Associates, Enterprise Cloud Platform team is hiring a Lead Frontend Software Engineer to help deliver cloud-first, microservices-based banking applications for Jack Henry!
As part of the Enterprise Cloud Platform team, you’ll be at the center of JHA’s strategic development initiatives for new banking applications. In your daily activities as a Lead Frontend Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a DevOps team creating new banking applications as well shared platform services using responsive technologies & frameworks in an innovative technology stack. You’ll engage daily with other business services and DevOps engineers, product owners, and QA automation engineers in your team, as well as collaborating with business leaders, product subject matter experts, JHA enterprise services teams, and our clients to design & build solutions that Jack Henry customers will love!
This position can be worked out of any of the following: Allen, TX, Lenexa, KS, Brentwood, TN, Cedar Falls, IA, Springfield, MO, or Remote from any US location.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of software development experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years developing frontend, browser-based application user interfaces.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% for team meetings, trainings, or workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience and continued interest in mentoring other developers and presenting app features & technologies to stakeholders.
- Experience with responsive applications UI.
- Experience with tablet and mobile UI development.
- Thorough browser testing experience with multiple environments and devices.
- Experience consuming and testing RESTful API’s.
- Familiarity working with Node.js and npm.
- Familiarity with Git, both using GUI’s and command line.
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps.
- Comfortable with leading IDE’s such as Visual Studio Code.
- Oversees the timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Defines or refines standards for the design and development of software. Collaborates with developers, QA, operations, and management to provide technical direction in requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Establishes and reviews business and technical requirements and overall project plans to define or refine standards, ensure adherence to standards, and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level task and project effort estimates/costs and oversight.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Oversees the definition and documentation of standards. Contributes to defining and improving department processes.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies and development environments.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers. May act as a team lead.