We are seeking a Machine Learning / AI Engineer to help lead our Research and Development & Engineering Team. Our data team members are experts at ingesting large, complex biological data sets, creating fast and efficient pipelines to process them, and working closely with our science team to seamlessly deliver cutting edge genomic and precision medicine analysis to our customers.
The Machine Learning / AI Engineer will work on massive databases of genomic and phenotypic data in order to create novel AI/ML prediction models of disease and human health.
The Role is:
- Full Time
- Entirely Remote
- Competitively Salaried based on skills, experience, and education: 50k - 250k USD /yr with the potential of equity for superb candidates
- Not open to agencies
- Develop novel AI/ML models for classifying patients absolute risk scores based on genomic and environmental data.
- Be the primary contributor for precision medicine R&D projects.
- Publish and disseminate methods and findings and incorporate them into software products.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Expert in precision medicine, machine learning, statistics, and genomics
- Possesses strong communication skills, with the ability to present complex scientific ideas to clinical, scientific, and industry audiences.
- Be willing to work in a fast paced, competitive environment, and hold a strong record of successful delivery of complex scientific projects and publications under tight timelines.
- PhD in computer science, statistical genetics, computational biology, engineering, or related field. MD or MD/Phd candidates with demonstrated publication history in applying deep learning in precision medicine are highly desired.