We’ve been a fully remote company for over five years and have learned a lot, empowering team members with the freedom and flexibility to work in the way that’s best for them. We prioritize true research and development over strict adherence to agile or rigid methodologies.
As part of this role you will be a key individual contributor to building the Daylite platform that supports Daylite for macOS, iOS, and web. Building with tools like Citus for distributed PostgreSQL, Kafka, SwiftNIO, Kubernetes. You will have an opportunity to help define and build the future of the Daylite platform and API.
- Have 8+ years of experience
- Hold a B.Sc Computer Science or B.Eng Software, or equivalent work experience.
- Experienced using Postgres, Rails (Ruby), Django (Python), Kubernetes, nginx, Redis, Kafka, HashiCorp Suite, Graylog, Sinatra, Prometheus, istio, grafana, CalDAV & CardDav, AWS, and Elasticsearch
- Are comfortable working remotely (100% remote work environment) as well as being comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- Reside within Canada
Bonus points for:
- Experience with infrastructure management tools (like Puppet, Ansible or Chef)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers (like AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or DigitalOcean)
- Knowing your way around the network stack, from HTTP to TCP to IP and have a solid understanding of security (TLS/ IPSec/Firewalls)
Things you might be working on:
- RESTful interfaces to persist data for our client apps
- Authentication and payment backends
- PostgreSQL database(s) with custom extensions
- Elasticsearch indexing and search