Pentalog is currently hiring for the Java Engineer position, open remotely. The job opening involves developing a project for a top user-generated travel platform, whose mission is to help people around the world plan their perfect trip.
As a Java Engineer, you will join an amazing, professional, multicultural team. Good communication is key for the success of our team management, whether it’s done via Slack, video-conferencing (primarily), email or JIRA.
- 3+ years of experience with production-level high-performance Java code;
- Front- and Back-End development experience;
- Previous experience with memory management, optimization;
- Heap profiling and snapshotting;
- API-driven development;
- Unit and integration tests;
- Experience with Java 8/11;
- Servlet container know-how (Tomcat);
- Experience with Microservices, JSON, REST APIs, GraphQL;
- API tools: Swagger;
- Build tools: Gradle, Maven;
- Database: Postgres, Jooq’.
- Previous experience of coding in a team environment, doing stand-ups & code reviews;
- Ability/ flexibility to read and work with other people’s code;
- Ability to read and work with other people’s code;
- Experience in using SVN, Git for code repository;
- Strong written and verbal English language skills (needs to be able to express ideas clearly).
- Object stores, caching and search tools: Elastic, Redis, Memcache;
- Servlet containers: Jetty, NGINX;
- Experience with developing complex ETL processes;
- Experience in working with big data technologies.