- Fully Remote anywhere in the US or Canada or Onsite in SF (Post Covid)
- Title: Sr. or Lead Site Reliability Engineer (Cloud Platform)
- Comp: Competitive base + Cisco RSU's + 12-15% annual performance bonus + sign on bonus + 401k match (up to 4.5%) + 22 days PTO + 5 days paid VTO (volunteering time off)
Meraki's SRE Cloud Platform team is responsible for building and scaling the cloud that supports millions of Meraki devices across the world. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving more than 4 billion HTTP requests per day across eight data centers. Our customers depend on the Meraki cloud to manage and monitor their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs, and security cameras. We embrace the *nix way, automate away tedious tasks and build infrastructure as code.
In this role, you're going to have the unique opportunity to architect, build and support our platform as a service (PaaS). You will be part of an engineering team that is based out of Meraki’s San Francisco headquarters and will bring your expertise to a team passionate about automating and supporting production grade hybrid cloud infrastructure based on Kubernetes/Mesos. You will make crucial decisions about how to manage and scale complex, high-performance distributed systems. You will have visibility and impact across all of Engineering.
Be prepared to join a team that contributes to and evangelizes engineering best practices and standards. We are a team of incredible out-of-the-box thinking engineers who take pride in helping and collaborating with our engineering teams to solve problems which help them be more efficient!
- Design, implement and manage a highly available and scalable on and off-prem orchestration platform (PaaS) that allows development teams to deploy and run their services.
- Influence architectural decisions with focus on security, scalability and high-performance.
- Build end-to-end documentation and instrumentation of our platform to ensure visibility, automation, self-healing and resiliency throughout the stack.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion.
- You'll provide additional support for other cloud technologies (eg: OpenStack).
- Take part in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU:
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching other engineers, and leading large technical projects
- You can do both sides of DevOps: troubleshoot, write and review code in various object oriented languages, but also know your way around a Linux server or a SQL database.
- You come with prior experience in public cloud (AWS, GCP or others), automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform as well as container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes or similar)
- You can troubleshoot complex technical issues, and design robust, scalable systems.