We’re hiring a Senior Data Engineer to be a part of our technology team to build and enhance the data infrastructure for Openly's insurance platform. You will play a critical role in how we manage, structure, store, and access the data that enables our insurance products and customer experiences.
- Design, create, and maintain ETL pipelines
- Work with data science and business teams to create data sets to be used in various projects
- Write code to build out our internal tooling and API's to make business and engineering processes easier, faster, and safer.
- Collaborate with our product, operations, and technology teams to develop and deploy new solutions related to data architecture and ETL pipelines to enable a best-in-class product for our users
- Contribute to important architectural and operational decisions, deployment techniques, technologies, policies, processes, etc.
- Participate in daily stands, weekly 1:1's, and biweekly retros
- Provide subject matter expertise and support
- Spread your expertise at the company (e.g. promote best-practices and mentor folks who want to learn from you)
- 4+ years of data engineering and DBA experience
- Strong scripting skills in one or more of the following: Bash, Python, and/or Ruby
- Extensive experience with technologies such as (but not limited to):
- Google Dataflow / Data fusion
- AWS Data Pipeline
- Experience with the entire ETL pipeline: Data Integration tools, Databases, Big Data Platforms, and cloud based data platforms.
- Exposure to and support of data visualization tools, such as Looker.
- Experience in building from the ground up a modern next generation data warehouse platform.
- Advanced proficiency with SQL or PL/SQL optimization and development.
- Deep understanding of data architecture as it relates to business goals and objectives
- Ability to explain complex technical challenges to technical audiences.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) company contributions, flexible spending accounts, and monthly remote stipend
- Fun, high-energy startup environment
- Remote workforce even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm