When you submit your application, please make sure you complete the screening tests following the submission of your other materials. We are currently prioritizing applicants outside of North America and Northern Europe.
We are looking for qualified candidates for our Data Science & Engineering department. Our data team members are experts at ingesting large, complex biological data sets, creating fast and efficient pipelines to process them, and working closely with our DevOps group to seamlessly deliver cutting edge genomic analysis to our customers.
Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, hustle, leadership, level of English proficiency and location.
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- 20k-75k / yr (we are seeking candidates from intern to senior level)
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants with leadership qualities
Highly Desired Skills
- 2+ years of experience working with large data sets
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Professional experience and analytics heavy language, Python prefered
- Professional experience with workflow management (Nextflow, Snakemake, or Airflow, etc)
- Deep knowledge of creating efficient database queries and operations
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Analyzing and maintaining large databases of sensitive user data
- Developing scalable, easily-maintainable software
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Extending and improving existing internal software systems
- Integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Knowledge of statistical techniques
- Bioinformatics knowledge
- Math knowledge