ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Happy Money’s Engineering team is seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to design, build, deploy, and own microservice applications, infrastructure, and data delivering products and services in support of Happy Money’s lending business. You will work with little or no supervision, and be able to take general direction and formulate specific tasks to accomplish the desired results for Happy Money Customers. You will work to contribute to complex functional specs and design docs when necessary.
- Develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for our members.
- Own design, test, development and delivery of new and existing features.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate cross functionally to identify the best solutions.
- Demonstrates understanding of tradeoffs inherent in software design.
- Capable of working in isolation to design solutions to complex problems.
- Design and develop maintainable, scalable, fault tolerant, and efficient systems.
- Upholding code quality to ensure features are upto standards to deliver a quality product.
- Prioritize team needs in technical debt and tooling to relieve operational load and evolve the system to meet the changing needs of the environment.
100% remote position based in the US.
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer developing solutions for systems at scale.
- 5+ years microservice development experience
- Backend engineer with a breadth of experience in a microservice architecture, and test-driven development.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, you are curious, and a motivated self learner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrive in an environment fostering freedom and responsibility.
- Result oriented, knows how to unblock yourself and others to achieve goals and objectives.
- You are a polyglot capable of learning new languages and technologies quickly.
- Experience designing scalable and reliable applications.
- Experience designing and developing cloud based solutions.
- Understanding of containerization technologies.
- Production experience developing scalable/highly available consumer applications.
- BA/Master degree in Computer Science or a related field of study OR relevant years of work experience
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with financial services systems
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis.
- Experience in designing and deploying systems to AWS.
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!