We are currently seeking 2 Cloud Scala Software Developers to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code and to work on the integration of enterprise data into a cohesive analytical data warehouse.
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Develop new applications and production application support
- Participate in detailed technical design, development, and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Develop an understanding of client business processes, objectives, and solution requirements.
- Participate in project workgroups with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand specific needs
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced Scala development-based software solutions
- Extensive enterprise experience in web applications
- Enterprise experience with relational and nonrelational database
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Docker, or Container Orchestration (Kubernetes) is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Postgres, MySQL, or Redis technologies is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Play framework
- Hands-on experience with Java 8 a plus
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical disciplines; or equivalent work experience
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits, and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp, or 1099).