Technical Data Specialist (GCP, AWS, Splunk) at SKY Group
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Reporting to the Product Quality Manager for In-home Connectivity and Streaming, as a Technical Data Specialist within the Group Product Quality Management team, you will help support the creation of our world-class products for customers in UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany and Austria. You will ensure data and dashboards are in place to enable Product Delivery team to improve the quality and reliability of our TV products. You work closely with colleagues responsible for the data services and analytics that allow us to understand and monitor what is happening in customer homes.
What you'll do:
- Carry out the data analysis necessary to understand the quality of our existing Q TV and new Over IP products for in-home connectivity and streaming performance.
- Implement and recommend new tools to help achieve reliable products and platforms.
- Build possible solutions which can allow the in-home connectivity & Streaming team to proactively identify issues impacting TV customer experience and to overall increase the productivity of the Product Quality team.
- Be the technical data lead for the deep dive investigations associated with the Quality & Reliability programme and drive continuous data improvement.
- Develop tools and strategies for identifying, classifying and prioritising product defects using Splunk and log file analysis.
- Support and advise the Product Quality Managers on the best solution for reliable in-home network experience. Be able to resolve complex technical issues drawing on support from domain specialists as appropriate.
What you'll bring:
- A Software Engineering background and a broad range of experience (e.g. Linux, web, Java, C, frontend, backend, etc.) focusing on the technical data of the software.
- Strong Python skill for data analysis/statistics and modelling.
- Usage of search, aggregation and analysis tools such as Splunk, ELK stack, etc.
- Data Mining and visualisation skills e.g. SQL, Tableau, ChartBlocks etc.
- Experience in using cloud pipelines (GCP/AWS).
- Knowledge of Machine learning, AI would be an advantage.
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Please let the company know you found this position on
remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you
with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs