Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe that it’s the key to Crisp’s success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators wherever they live and work, we leverage diverse experiences and backgrounds to understand the challenges facing our food system and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
Crisp is a socially conscious, distributed team. We give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living where you’re most comfortable and working in areas where you can help foster and grow the community that you are a part of. We believe in transparency, diversity, and merit, and foster a culture of empowerment, personal impact and career growth.
As a Data Engineer at Crisp, you will help unlock the potential of our customers’ data by highlighting and elevating the semantic context. Your responsibilities will include data cleansing, semantic labeling, normalization, and using modern BI Technology to efficiently convey insights to our customers. Being part of the engineering team, you will not only help clients leverage our data platform, you will also help evolve the platform itself by being a subject matter expert involved in product development.
This is an evolving role with ample opportunity for growth. Whether you are coming from a startup or corporate background, you appreciate the significant impact to be had in smaller organizations and you relish the ability to shape your own role and the future of the company.
Signs of a great candidate for Crisp
- Collaborative: You know that your colleagues’ perspectives will make our customers successful. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together. You propose ways for us to be more valuable to our customers.
- Customer focused: Our customers are at the forefront of your day. You prioritize our customers’ voices to ensure their needs are met.
- Ambitious, curious, and resourceful: You are innately curious, and you aren’t afraid to work hard. You are self-driven and able to find creative results on your own, but you also take direction well. You are driven to succeed because your hard work and results make you proud.
- Disciplined and reliable: You enjoy the benefits of working on a distributed team while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback: You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder: You often identify a problem, create a solution, and bring it to a state of completion - with others, or even on your own. You find ways of eliminating or automating stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful.
Signs of a great candidate for a Data Engineer
- Data oriented: You think about data in a rigorously structured manner. You live by the mantra “garbage in, garbage out” and are deeply experienced in the art of data cleansing.
- Focus on the business problem: You are passionate about using visualizations to tell stories and glean actionable insights. In order to tell the story the right way, you need to understand how the business works and how to communicate with different stakeholders.
- Brings business context to data engineering: You are the bridge between the business problem and the data pipeline. You are experienced in codifying business context via a semantic definition layer. You enable automation of labor intensive workflows.
- Strong sense of aesthetics and user experience: You feel strongly about not just making Business Intelligence visually appealing, but also ensuring that it’s easy to learn and a pleasure to use.
- Deep tooling expertise: Many BI tools have a point and click design layer, but you have a deep understanding of the modeling layer and how it interacts with the underlying data store. You are familiar with one or more tools that facilitate data exploration for the purposes of data cleansing or normalization. You hold strong opinions, born from experience, on the features that make a great semantic definition metadata capture tool. You are adept at working on analytical databases using SQL.
We are building a team of product people with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively enable our customers to be successful. There are no hard requirements on specific background, experience or geographical location. Instead we’re looking for individuals that are capable, reliable, and hoping to grow along with us. Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you!