As an experienced Software Engineer, you will take ownership of the developer productivity of the entire Tradeshift engineering organization.
You will be creating and reviewing code, architecture and design.
Help to create and optimize new processes.
You will get a unique opportunity to develop your talent, as our challenges constantly evolve within our team.
We believe in team growth, ownership, development and quality assurance. Your involvement will start from idea inception through architecture and design, implementation and evangelizing. Our team has great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift productivity to the next level.
Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
What a day is like.
You will be working with other engineers in a global environment to define and create the best tools for moving code from source to production. Small changes and optimizations have a huge impact since it affects all engineers in Tradeshift.
On a daily basis you will be writing code covered by tests, with an open source like workflow, using forks and pull requests. You will work with technologies like Go, Bash, Puppet, Groovy and be spearheading technologies like Kubernetes, Prometheus, Docker and using supporting tools like Datadog, Sentry, or Splunk.
You will be forming opinions around cloud native technologies and how we can leverage them to lift the productivity even higher in Tradeshift.
You will brainstorm with the team on technical architecture or design options, implementation alternatives and help solve day to day issues in a collaborative effort.
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Have a deep understanding and 4+ years of experience programming in languages like Java or Go
- Have a deep understanding and practice in developing REST-based microservices architectures
- Know how to build resilient architectures, work with eventual consistency and distributed transaction patterns
- Have opinions on how the perfect SDLC would look like
- Love cloud native technologies
- Been developing Kubernetes operators
- Used to build applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Keen to automate tests and practice CI/CD
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Projects done in other languages like Typescript, Scala or Groovy
- Experience in SRE related activities like adding telemetry to code and debugging distributed systems
- Deep understanding of web protocols like HTTP, TLS, TCP etc.
- Experience with building secure systems
- Good datastores skills (Postgresql, ElasticSearch, Kafka or similar)
- Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc.