The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the development and delivery of applications as well as leading and mentoring junior members of the team. The Senior Software Engineer will: (i) understand the Software Development Life Cycle model and its activities and be able to deliver solid, robust applications, (ii) understand coding and source code development standards, (iii) develop clean, understandable, and maintainable code from user requirements and flow charts, (iv) develop and implement plans to accurately test the application code, functions, modules, and programs, (v) maintain detailed and accurate documentation per all project standards, and (vi) set standards for developing high-quality software in an efficient and effective manner. You will be a member of the Amobee technology team that owns the identity management and digital audience activation systems. Our offline systems consume and activate petabytes of data every day in a geographically distributed, highly performant, and fault-tolerant manner. You will work with the wider department on leading-edge advertising, big data, and automation technologies. This job is about the capability and energy that you bring to make world-class software.
You are a talented and passionate engineer. You love solving problems and making ideas come to life. You are a lifelong learner who thrives in dynamic environments and enjoys the challenge of learning new technologies and techniques. You like owning things and it is important to you that you can have a personal impact. You are a team player and enjoy collaboration, but you are also self-directed and enjoy the autonomy to be able to manage your own schedule and workload. You appreciate the importance of good communication and know that teamwork takes practice, effort, and a good attitude.
This position is available in Baltimore MD, Reston VA, and Remote.
- Integrate and build services and components to produce highly-available, fault-tolerant, and low-latency near real-time ETL systems and APIs.
- Develop data streams for analyzing and activating data for use by Amobee’s runtime ad serving systems
- Design systems for use by the technology team and for business users
- Participate and collaborate in the creation and evolution of global scale infrastructure as needed.
- Meet with product managers to provide guidance, plan, documentation, create estimates, and designs for teams and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering, or comparable work-related experience
- 2+ years of work experience with Java
- 2+ years of experience building RESTful APIs
- Understanding and experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MYSQL, SQL Server, or Oracle)
- Experience with big data processing frameworks (Hadoop, Spark)
- Advanced degree (Masters) in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
- 2+ years of Unix/Linux background including shell-scripting
- Familiarity with NoSQL concepts and platforms (RocksDB, CouchBase, Redis)
- Familiarity with Build Management, Continuous Integration, and Automated Testing (Maven, Jenkins)
- Understanding and comfort with enterprise frameworks for dependency injection, object-relational mapping, and logging (Spring Framework, Hibernate, SLF4J)
The world’s leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channels—including TV, programmatic and social—across all formats and devices. We provide marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV— including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
Amobee has been named to Fortune’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising and Marketing. Amobee’s platforms have been widely recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21 countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.