About the Role
In People Transformation, we build Colleague Engagement & Time Management platforms, that fulfils number of areas in daily basis processes by automation & integration. With these platforms, we reduce amount of manual work that is being done each day by individual colleagues. Platform, that your team will be responsible for, provides blazing fast, secure and easy to understand User Interface.
We take responsibility for the software through its entire lifecycle. We practice continuous integration and delivery and support our code through to production and beyond.
You will be responsible for
As a Software Development Engineer III, you’ll be part of an agile team of industry leading TypeScript engineers upon Tesco’s People Transformation. You will be creating the future Colleague & Scheduling platforms & tools, solving problems, and developing new features through quality, scalable, performant and maintainable technical solutions. The solutions that you and your team will be responsible for will have a global reach, impacting hundreds of thousands of Tesco colleagues.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Be a coder; review and contribute code.
- Focus on performance, availability, reliability and security.
- Cross-platform, lightweight & mobile-first progressive web applications by design.
- Contribute to the definition of features for services owned by your team.
- Effectively communicate your and your team’s progress to your team members, your Manager and wider Tesco colleagues.
You will need
- TypeScript - advanced;
- React - advanced;
- Written & spoken English - advanced;
- GraphQL - basic;
- Testing (e.g. Unit Tests, E2E Tests) - basic.
Nice to have:
- Functional approach;
- Reactive approach (e.g. rxJS, NestJS);
- 2+ years of commercial software development experience in JS / TypeScript.
- Experience of running and supporting software in production (dev-ops approach).
- Problem solving, analysis and computational skills. You are comfortable designing systems and reasoning about them. When tackling problems, you take a thorough and logical approach to solving them and you retain ownership through to resolution.
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability.
- Experience working within an e-commerce or at-scale business where security, availability and reliability are valued.
- Depth of professional software engineering experience and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.