We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help build innovative open source software in the container space. As part of the Container Ecosystem team, you will explore new ideas and work on new and developing projects. You will be a key player in delivering solutions enriching the user experience of cloud-native platforms such as Kubernetes and making the life easier for people running containerized workloads.
At SUSE, we are strongly committed to open source and we contribute to numerous free and open projects and initiatives. We embrace and believe in the open source innovation model and the open source business model. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to and be part of various open source projects in the container ecosystem, like Kubernetes and Helm. You will work together with the communities for these projects and strive to continuously advance the state of the art.
Curiosity and teamwork are two of the values that drive us as a development team. If you are passionate about these values too, you are likely a great fit for us. As a team, we're constantly finding ways to improve ourselves. We pride ourselves on our communication and teamwork – we're all in this together!
Education and Experience:
Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills:
• At least 8 years’ software engineering or equivalent experience
• Experience with containers and container orchestration solutions
• Hands-on software development experience in a variety of programming languages
• Experience and/or interest in Agile methodologies
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate product architectures and design proposals
• Experience with development of cloud native applications
• Knowledge of, or desire to learn, Go
• Performance instrumentation, analysis and tuning
• Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Experience with open source development
• Experience with Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS, or Azure) and/or Distributed Systems
• Experience working with a distributed team. You will be expected to engage with team members across many time zones and cultures.
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.