- Developing and enhancing the automation tools for various SUSE Linux Enterprise products also run in the public cloud, with openQA as our main tool.
- Designing, developing and maintaining automation test cases for SUSE Linux Enterprise products.
- Collecting and investigating automation tools requirement from QA and development teams.
- Coordinating test planning and execution in a truly global distributed project team.
- Working closely with openSUSE community on improving the quality of both Leap and Tumbleweed.
- Supporting all your colleagues in achieving their goals by doing pair-programming, coaching or conducting workshops.
What you are responsible for
As a Senior QE Automation Engineer you work in a highly automated test environment; you are a member of a Scrum team that is assigned to Functional testing. You will be creating test strategies, writing test cases and consult others to achieve their testing goals. You are working with openQA, where you are taking the technical leadership in functional testing and function as an architect for its test modules. You work closely with the Upstream communities, and you have a say over the direction in which the team will be going, including the way how we work and the technical challenges which we embark on.
Required skills and experience
- At least 3 years of experience with software development as software developer, software developer in testing or QA automation engineer.
- Expertise in one of these scripting languages: Perl, Shell or Python, with preferences towards Perl.
- Proven experience to have worked in Agile and CI environments, preferable Scrum and pair-programming.
- Familiarity with Linux administration.
- Good understanding of automation tools and infrastructures.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent in verbal and written English.