At Staircase, we are looking for curious, motivated, compassionate, lifelong learners. We are building a world-class team that embodies our values around creative problem solving, continuous learning, ownership and performance. We believe that professional satisfaction comes from being able to express your own creativity and personal style in work that continually pushes your boundaries. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to craft your role and career to get the most out of yourself, your team, and your experience.
About The Role
We are seeking a highly motivated Product Designer to join our growing team. As the first Product Designer, youll be responsible for delivering a best-in-class web and mobile user experience. Youll lead the design of visual components for our platform, our documentation, our product definitions, and anything else our customers interact with. Youll partner closely with our engineering teams and business leaders to translate customer needs into beautiful customer-focused solutions.
This role is a permanent (W2) position for US based candidates and an indefinite contract for non-US based candidates.
- Build user experiences, articulate specifications, and create assets across our product ecosystem
- Partner closely with our product teams to develop use cases and high-level requirements
- Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Analyze user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Present design work to key internal stakeholders regularly
- 5+ years of experience in UI/UX design
- Prior experience designing interfaces for consumer-facing software products or web-based tools
- Experienced in storyboarding, prototyping, building mockups and style guides
- Experience with best practices for device-based information architecture and design as well as usability principles and techniques
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, etc
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to articulate interactive design concepts across various products to various stakeholders
Bachelors degree or equivalent apprenticeship in Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science or related
Please include a portfolio showcasing your creative visual designs as well as your process for creating great user-centered design solutions along with your application
What We Offer
- Top market salaries
- Generous equity packages that reflect our commitment to you
- Competitive health, dental, and vision coverage with substantial company contribution
- Flexibility to set a schedule that works for you, in a location that makes you happy
- Flexible vacation policy to ensure you have time to enjoy the things you value outside of work
- A company culture and team with values rooted in creative problem solving, continuous learning, ownership and performance
At Staircase, we are solving a diverse set of problems and we know that embracing diverse perspectives delivers the best results. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people of all races, cultures, gender identities, ages, religions, orientations, education, backgrounds, abilities and perspectives can contribute and thrive.