- Scope, design and build tools for internal users to increase their efficiency.
- Identify and automate repetitive tasks that slow down developers
- Gather requirements from across the engineering org for new tools, and then evaluate and recommend solutions based on those requirements
- Champion and document best practices, accepted solutions, and development and production support runbooks
- Leverage design and architectural knowledge to scale and improve performance in constrained environments in accordance with our SLOs
- Experience working with backend programming languages. We don’t expect you to know everything about every language, but we do expect you to adapt and learn quickly.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Curiosity about and passion for improving the developer experience for all disciplines
- Strong writing skills
- Customer-focused decision making approach
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes in a production environment
- Experience building and maintaining a deploy pipeline and CI/CD
- Experience with build systems, particularly Bazel
- Experience managing services hosted on cloud infrastructure
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome gets in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you.