We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to enable and encourage developers to craft and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure! You will be working in the area that is responsible for enabling payment services to the whole of Spotify, from taking a regular Spotify subscription payment to e.g. a business ad sales payment.
Our multi-functional team is responsible for our core payment integrations and keeping 154+ million subscribers happy and growing even bigger! Our development teams are empowered to iterate rapidly, deploy code often and remain confident that test infrastructure will provide short feedback loops on issues introduced.
What you'll do
- Be part of a cross-functional team, helping them implement new insights with greater confidence.
- Partner with developers and other SDETs to improve and automate test and release processes.
- Build and maintain tooling for test development, coverage and reporting.
- Directly contribute to feature development and maintenance with the team.
- Provide the team with a Quality Strategy that supports the team's delivery goals and aligns to the overall Spotify quality strategy.
- Enable and encourage developers to craft and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure.
- Be part of a highly skilled Quality chapter, owning initiatives for improvement and standardization of quality processes, metrics and tooling across the Freemium Mission.
Who you are
- You are an awesome SDET working with scalable distributed systems that is more than comfortable writing Python (or Java) and working with Postgres.
- You have a passion for test infrastructure and you know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery and have experience with cloud platforms like GCP / AWS.
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You have implemented and/or maintained test automation suites and have knowledge of a few test automation and debugging tools.
- You feel comfortable digging into the architecture of systems looking for potential problems.
- You have the ability to work with other developers to ensure that systems are crafted for reliability, performance and testability.
- You are a problem solver who is not constrained by programming languages. You are open to learning new technologies to improve the impact you make.
- Experience in working within the e-commerce, subscription or payments domain is a plus.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
- We ask that our team members be located within Greenwich Mean time zone, Central European time zone, or Eastern European standard time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.