We are seeking a talented and experienced manual QA engineer to work with us on a range of high impact open source projects for the not for profit sector.
Compucorp is split into Agile product teams so an understanding of Agile methodologies is desirable. As a key member of one of these teams, you'll be involved in the entire development process, from understanding and helping write Acceptance Criteria to writing and maintaining test plans as well as executing them. Your principal focus will be to help us build high-quality products by finding and reporting bugs and glitches in our software using CiviCRM and Drupal (7 and 8), but there's a lot going on at Compucorp so expect to be exposed to other technologies too!
As an Experienced QA Engineer you'll be responsible for:
- Review and analyse system specifications
- Work with Product Owner to improve Acceptance Criteria
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies and share best practices
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyse results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Provide prompt feedback to engineering team
- Create detailed reports to document bugs and errors
- Assist Support and the Product owner to troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
What we value in this role:
- You like working in Agile teams and work in a dynamic environment
- You enjoy testing scenarios under slightly varying conditions, reporting on those in detail
- You are a team player who enjoys frequent collaboration within cross-functional teams
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- You are passionate about product quality
- UK / Remote
About the company:
Our mission is to enable digital transformation in organisations that deliver social good. We work with Charities across their digital stack helping organisations to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations reimagine the way they work so they can focus on impact.
We're a bootstrapped startup that has grown to over 45 in the team based solely on word of mouth from the work we've been producing. Were a distributed team, with staff in over 15 countries and a head office in Shoreditch, London. We offer flexible hours and a real team mentality, working together to make things better.
Uniquely, all our solutions are open source, helping our work to have the greatest possible impact. Our clients include Charities such as Wikimedia, Farm Africa and Amnesty International, but also companies, trade associations and government bodies too.