About your role and the team:
We are looking for an engineer for our Analytics team. The team takes care of our own database and supports analytical features. The team is full of brilliant people who are a pleasure to work with and discuss hard problems or simple life matters. The whole platform is deployed in kubernetes and our components are written in C++, Go and Python. Some of the team’s internal tools are written in Lua. There are interesting challenges ahead of the team and many opportunities to learn, explore and deliver value awaits our new team member. There’s much more to know so let’s meet and talk.
What you might like about this role:
- Interesting tech stack, SaaS fully deployed in kubernetes.
- You will work on the heart of the platform, our own in-memory database.
- You will be part of the great team full of brilliant engineers.
- Your work will have a real impact on the clients.
- Develop our proprietary in-memory database
- Develop analytical features and data exports
- Run and support our components in production
What we expect of the candidate:
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 2 years experience with C++ or Go
- Experience with Python is a very big plus
- Experience with monitoring of production systems
- Experience with cloud is a big plus
- Willingness to learn and adapt
Our tech stack:
- Python, Golang, C++
- Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Gitlab
- Google Cloud, GCP Pub/Sub, GCP Bigtable, GCP BigQuery, GRPC
- Nginx, Envoy, Hashicorp Vault, Open Policy Agent
- MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Influxdb, Etcd, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Prometheus, Grafana, Sentry
What we expect of the candidate:
- Knowledge of at least one compiled or interpreted language is a must, Python or Golang preferred
- Managing and operating 24×7 production Kubernetes clusters on Google (or AWS/Azure…), deploying, debugging
- Experience with setting up monitoring, configuring alerts, on-duty experience preferred, experience with Grafana and Prometheus preferred
- Experience with DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technologies eg. terraform, GitLab, ansible, docker…
- Preferred experience with cloud-native systems, experience in code-based configuration, load-balancing, auto-scaling, monitoring, networking, security and problem solving
- Deep understanding of modern database systems, including caching, application of NoSQL, Key/Value, and RDBMS datastores, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL are preferred, basic knowledge of cloud-based systems (BigQuery, BigTable, Cloud SQL…)
- Basic knowledge of microservices, RESTful services, GRPC, API development, and Message Brokers
- Basic knowledge of modern software architecture principles, distributed development and modern software integration practices
- Deep understanding of the DevOps philosophy or SRE
- Ability to provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- A passion for constantly learning new technologies, trends and opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, English required
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- At Bloomreach, we believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who like what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our 4.7/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program - using competency maps, participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company.
- Our managers participate in the leader development program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader.
- Bloomreachers utilize the personal education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, etc.)
- There's access to Udemy courses for all employees.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Veea is available for work-related communications challenges.
- The employee assistance program - with counselors - is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Bloomreachers enjoy DisConnect days to unwind and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- There's extended parental leave available (with regional specifics).
- Bloomreachers get rewarded based on their commitment and capabilities.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- Bloomreachers get stock options granted depending on their role, seniority, and location.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to 3000 USD paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- Bloomreach provides a monthly lunch entitlement (with regional specifics).
- There's a pension scheme (with regional specifics).
- Employees get a healthcare plan (with regional specifics).
- We celebrate work anniversaries - Bloomversaries!