SimScale is a cloud-based platform for simulation. Our mission is to democratize simulation and make it available to all engineers and designers in the world.
As a Frontend Architect (m/f/d) at SimScale in Munich or remote, you will own the frontend architecture, design and development to provide users with a high-performant, scalable and modern product that works fast on any device. SimScale’s software ecosystem is characterized by a high degree of complexity, addressing some of the biggest challenges in scientific computing all at once. You will be active in the architectural design of the user interface and its implementation, mainly using TypeScript, and HTML5 with RESTful APIs.
You will ensure that the code is of highest quality, can be tested properly and can be easily added to a continuous integration system. You will work together with backend developers to achieve clear, clean and maintainable APIs. Working in a lightweight Kanban process, you make sure that the frontend team builds on a solid architecture that fulfills functional requirements and is maintainable and scalable.
What we expect from you
- A degree in computer science or comparable studies, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in frontend development using typical front-end frameworks; being up to date with latest technologies such as React as well as HTML5 and CSS3
- 5+ years of professional experience with developing large software systems in an agile, Linux-based environment
- Very good practical experience in the development of complex and scalable Web application frontends (including technologies like Continuous Delivery, Docker etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in writing clear, maintainable, scalable and testable code, including coverage for automated testing
- Very good skills in programming responsive user interfaces that communicate with RESTful APIs
- Willingness to learn and adapt (especially to new programming languages and paradigms), getting things done attitude
What you can expect from us
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise, dedication, and the opportunity to learn within your field
- Goal-oriented, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and offer the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- Flexible working hours and mobile working practices
- The chance to provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology that helps them be better at what they do best: designing the products of tomorrow
- The chance to be part of an interdisciplinary agile team, and learn about cloud solutions
Are you looking for a job as a “Frontend Architect (m/f/d)”, where you’ll be able to significantly contribute to the development of our simulation software and grow with a team of experts around you? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application!