Are you an experienced Laravel Developer looking for a new challenge, with the opportunity to work on a variety of web projects within a complex organisation?
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine are looking to appoint a Senior Web Developer, initially on a 12 Month FTC to play a key role in developing a replacement online admissions system for a range of courses, in addition to the back-end administration system.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading centre for research and postgraduate education in public and global health. Founded in 1899, the School has expanded in recent years at its two main sites on Keppel Street and Tavistock Place. Our staff, students and alumni work in more than 150 countries in government, academia, international agencies, and health services.
As Senior Web Developer, you will play a lead role in the development of a new Online Application form and back end administration system, including the integration into other systems.
You will work closely with the wider web development team, and with key stakeholders from across the organisation to define user stories, create wireframes to decide on layouts, design the database and program structure and implement the new system using the Laravel framework, as well as a UI framework such as Angular or React.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Experience with Laravel/Lumen PHP frameworks
- Full software development life cycle experience
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work with IT and Non-IT stakeholders to enable the smooth delivery of technology solutions
- Exposure to working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies with experience of documenting and ensuring best practice around development
- A competitive salary package of £40,011 - £45,437 (inclusive of London weighting allowance)
- 30 days annual leave plus six closure days, plus statutory bank holidays
- Excellent pension scheme (Circa 21% employer pension contributions)
- LSHTM is committed to flexible working to support a healthy work life balance