Gameplay is the heart of a game. Without it, is it even really a game at all? What we're saying is that we NEED your expertise to help us make the funnest dang Marvel game we can imagine.
We're looking for a gameplay engineer to focus on helping us develop our gameplay systems. We're a small studio where you can wear multiple hats, if you like! Want to get involved in design, analytics, or even help plan team events? Go right ahead!
If you’re passionate about crafting well-architected client and server code that drives powerful gameplay features, then we'd love to hear from you!
Please attach your cover letter AND resume as one document.
- Drive the architecture and implementation of engaging gameplay features
- Support design, engineering, and analytics within all areas of gameplay
- Establish, share, and iterate on best practices for gameplay system architecture
- Create the tools and infrastructure needed to support gameplay workflows
- Monitor and repair live issues affecting gameplay
- Highly empathetic towards and supportive of team members
- Approachable and excited to collaborate on design and tech
- An insatiable curiosity and a passion for learning and discovery
- Ability to implement gameplay features from the ground up
- Experience with modern mobile game design and architecture paradigms
- Ability to articulate technical ideas effectively over many communication types (spoken, wiki, email, etc)
- Experience modeling game states and implementing rules in client-server architectures
- Passionate about playing and making great games
- Experience developing Unity applications
- Experience creating persistent data schemas, versioning, and data migration
- Experience crafting server-authoritative multiplayer systems with client prediction
- Willing to mentor other engineers and be invested in their growth
- Experience with Git, .NET, and AWS
Second Dinner is located in sunny Orange County, CA. We are a small studio that believes in moving fast and giving everyone a feeling of ownership. People who join us will have a massive impact on both the game and the company.
Whether you prefer the serendipity and organic collaboration of being co-located in an office, or the focus and convenience of being fully remote, Second Dinner is excited to discuss how to help you do your best work. Remote? In-Person? A little of both? Let's do it!
Second Dinner is fully funded, so we think we have everything we need to take our first game over the finish line. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and stock options. It feels like a start-up over here, but without the risk of running out of money before our next milestone.
We are an equal opportunity employer that places high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military status, or veteran status. A diverse team with varied perspectives makes us a better company and will help us make better games. If you can bring something new to the table and expand our point of view, that’s huge upside. Please apply!