Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications of all types. Backed by European venture capital, the company has grown into a competitive player in the cloud hosting industry, with clients ranging from the individual developer to major web agencies and blue-chip enterprises running significant infrastructure deployments or fleets of hundreds of sites. Our technology stack -- the one we’d like to hire you to help build -- makes this experience as seamless and full-featured as possible for every client.
Our team is looking for software engineers with strong experience in PHP and Drupal and a taste for Go, to help us drive a transformation of a monolithic legacy application into a modern distributed system, while delivering new and exciting features to our customers.
We do lots of everything here:
- Work with product managers, designers, frontend and infrastructure engineering teams to provide a joyful user experience to our customers.
- Maintain applications that drive the lifecycle of the hosting product, billing & reporting, user authentication & authorization, interaction with vendors or partners.
- Occasionally build client libraries or support other internal tooling that needs our help
With that in mind, we’re looking for engineers to help us build any and all of these pieces!
You should have:
- Extensive experience programming with PHP
- Knowledge of Go, or willingness to learn it
- Good knowledge of Drupal 7 module development
- Ability to do the job well in written and spoken English
- Ability to use Git
In a given day, you might:
- Develop features in Drupal or Go, maybe even spin up an entirely new service!
- Troubleshoot, reproduce, report and fix a bug in a Drupal 7 application.
- Write and document a REST API.
- Become a product expert and work toward improving our customer facing documentation or libraries.
- Work under limited supervision with considerable latitude for personal initiative.
- Respond to customer inquiries/escalations via our support system.
- Participate in training teammates.
It would be great if you:
- Have experience designing and building CI/CD pipelines with reliable unit, integration, acceptance and e2e tests.
- Have broad familiarity with the cloud hosting and “DevOps” domain and knowledge of the experience and requirements of e.g. our customer base.
- Know how to evaluate open web standards and use those to guide API decisions & application implementation.
- Have experience making multiple web applications “play nicely” together and function together as an integrated product.
- Have experience with user authentication & authorization flows as well as the other security & compliance requirements endemic to software accessible over the Internet.
- Understand or are familiar with the domain of recurring payments, e-commerce, etc.
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a candidate who can perform well working remotely. To be an effective performer here at Platform.sh, you’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while operating with a high level of independence and autonomy.