About the Role:
Do you want to improve the way governments interact with their citizens? Are you an innovative self-starter who wants to make the world a better place? If so, we could be looking for you. At Daupler, we are shaking up our entire industry and we are looking for an experienced Front End React Developer to help us do just that. In this role, you will help build a world class platform trusted by governments across the country. You will work with our CTO and team to build, test, and ship customer-facing features/products using modern tools. We have a long product road map of amazing products to build, and we want your help.
The Daupler platform is completely cloud-native. We leverage containers and orchestration tools for efficient deployments at scale. Our engineers use React, Django (Python), PostgreSQL, RESTful web services, and AWS. You should be technically savvy and able to drive projects end-to-end. Engineers come to work for us because our problems are interesting to solve, come with complex challenges, and impact all of our lives.
You will have a meaningful impact in helping Daupler dramatically improve how our clients respond to emergencies in their communities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design, develop, maintain, and deploy front end solutions using React (react.js) and cloud services (AWS)
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to establish appropriate intent of our systems
- Evaluate, design, and implement modifications to our existing software system
- Evaluate, design, create, and implement new platforms to supplement our existing products
- Employ best practices in conducting and interpreting usability tests focused on user experience
- Appropriately manage priorities, dependencies, scope, dates, and deliverables
- Convert designs and wire frames into high quality code
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of front-end development experience
- Deep experience designing, developing, and maintaining front-end solutions with React.js
- Experience working with our tech stack:
- Django, Python
- Docker Runtime/Packaging
- NoSQL Databases (PostgreSQL)
- RESTful Web Services
- Experience with GraphSQL preferred
- Ability to write high quality, well tested code that meets the needs of our customers
- Can appropriately manage priorities, dependencies, scope, dates, and deliverables
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Naturally curious and passionate
- Remote workers are encouraged to apply.
Not a must, but a plus:
Previous experience in the utilities/water/govtech space; experience working for software startup