Who We Need
Do you want to improve the way governments interact with their citizens? Are you an innovative self-starter who wants to make the world a better place? If so, we are looking for you.
At Daupler, we are shaking up our entire industry, and we are looking for experienced back end Python developers to join the mission. In this role, you will help build a world class platform trusted by governments and utilities across the country. You will work with our team to build mission critical tools that help governments identify and respond to issues.
Engineers come to work for us because we focus on complex, interesting problems that impact everyone's life. Daupler is a company where your work has meaningful impact on millions of people.
At Daupler you will...
- Solve complex tasks that require combining data from many sources (e.g. IoT sensors, historical asset data, weather data, natural language) to identify incidents
- Work on difficult human-to-computer interactions involved in dispatching incident information to government employees
- Design, develop, maintain, and deploy well-tested back end services
- Build applications over various media, including voice applications which presents a unique set of challenges
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to influence and build out our product road map
- Manage priorities, dependencies, scope, dates, and deliverables
- Build immediately useful features while keeping a long-term perspective on our technical landscape
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of back end development experience
- Experience working with our tech stack:
- Python: Django, FastAPI, Celery
- PostgreSQL + PostGIS
- GraphQL and RESTful APIs
- Typescript, React, Apollo
- Ability to write high quality, well-tested code that meets the needs of our customers
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of what we’re trying to do at Daupler, and for that to fundamentally matter to you. Make no mistake, we’re on a mission.
- Remote workers are encouraged to apply.
Not a must, but a plus:
- Previous experience in the utilities/water/govtech space
- Experience working for a software startup