Position: Full Stack or Backend Engineer
Location: Remote anywhere in the US
What you’ll do:
As a team, we are still small enough for your influence to be felt in every corner, and yet we're well established enough as a company that we don't often have to worry about existential questions. We're looking for engineers that can help us build on our solid foundation and take advantage of the exciting opportunity ahead of us.
The Partnerships team, in particular, works on Spring’s ever-growing partnership platform. We help enable integrations on our partner platforms (YouTube, Twitch, etc.) that open up a world of possibilities to our Spring creators. Our mission is to be where our creators are, providing seamless integration experiences on their favorite platforms based on their Spring shops.
What we're looking for:
One of the company's core values is problem-solving. We believe that a bias towards thoughtful action helps us explore opportunities and test theories quickly, so an engineer who relishes analyzing a complex problem and moving swiftly to solve it would be a good fit here. Balanced against that, in some codebase areas, we need to move deliberately and carefully where risk is higher. An engineer who can strike that balance—moving quickly when possible; moving with more care when required—would enjoy the challenges we face at Spring. We are building a new SOA-style platform for partnerships, and we are looking for someone to help us evolve our core services.
As an Engineer for the Partnerships team, we are looking for someone who has:
- Experience designing and developing API’s at scale
- Experience with AWS services related to compute, storage, and event-driven applications
- Experience with Serverless Framework or serverless development concepts
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL and working with an ORM
- Demonstrates a track record of delivering impactful technical projects
- Modern Agile development, familiarity with TDD, CI/CD (required)
- Designed and built backend services at scale (required)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code
- Proficiency at cloud-based serverless application development (preferable)
- Architectural modeling, domain-driven design (preferable)
- Serverless Framework experience (preferable)
- Familiarity with NoSQL, specifically DynamoDB (preferable)