At Genesys, we’ve built one of the best cloud-based Customer Experience (CX) service offerings ever. It was built from the ground-up in the cloud and handles millions of interactions per day. We have thousands of AWS EC2 instances deployed across multiple environments globally, and we push out dozens of product builds per day using a top-notch CI/CD pipeline.
The External Contacts team provides the customer context needed to deliver a superb customer experience. We are looking for a talented engineer to take co-ownership of the quality of our team’s work along with our team’s existing embedded tester.
- You have experience building software in at least one programming language.
- You have an penchant for software quality.
- You are familiar with REST APIs and services.
- You are a strong problem solver with the desire to make significant contributions.
- You show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything you do.
- You are curious.
- You keep abreast of new tools and technology.
- You continuously learn and improve.
- You can quickly learn new technologies, tools, and techniques.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills.
- You are resourceful and detail-oriented.
- You can organize your own time and seek out the information you need.
- You are willing to push back when necessary.
- You have a drive to understand how your work integrates with other groups in order to provide value to our customers.
- You understand why test automation is important and believe this to be a first-class component of new development.
What you will do while working with us:
- You, along with our existing embedded test engineers, will take responsibility for the quality of the software produced by the team.
- You will create automated tests for REST APIs.
- You will troubleshoot issues with system stability and performance.
- You will bring a critical eye to quality, user experience, and customer satisfaction.
- You will perform exploratory testing to identify high risk areas, refine requirements, and isolate bugs to increase testability of application.
- You will contribute robust, well architected solutions to the team’s test framework.
- You will coordinate test efforts for projects involving multiple teams to ensure appropriate test coverage.
- You will become an expert in the architecture, design, and customer use cases for the team's services.
- You will assist support engineers with escalated customer issues by reading logs, explaining intended behaviors, and identifying defects.
- You will recommend the use of new technologies and tools when appropriate.
- You will foster an inclusive working environment where every team member is positioned for success
- You will understand & comply with PCI, HIPAA, and GDPR.
- You will adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Some of the specific technologies our team works with every day:
- JVM languages like Java and Groovy
- Ember UI framework
- Selenium, Cucumber, and Spock
- Jenkins and other CI/CD tools
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, etc.)
Some benefits of working with us:
- The opportunity to work in a cutting-edge microservices architecture on a platform and product that is growing rapidly.
- Work in a culture of cooperation, learning, and blameless retrospectives with an overall focus on continual improvement.
- Multiple yearly hackathons and weekly tech talks.
- An open time-off policy and a management team that supports its use.
- The ability to work from home or remotely as needed.
- Annual budget for technical conferences and career development.