Do you value good products? You love to work in the best teams? As an Engineer at Signavio you have the chance to work on a market-leading software. Signavio is looking for an Intermediate Backend Engineer - Rust to help us build the future of our Business Transformation Suite.
Based from our Berlin office or remotely, you will be part of our development teams and take a vital role in driving new features with the aim of scaling our product offering.
In this role you will be working in a cross-functional team who values trust, respect, and diversity. We are looking for people who share our passion for creating products that people love to use. To thrive in this role you are someone who appreciates close collaboration, open communication, and feedback.
- Concepting and implementing our analytical in-memory query engine for Process Mining workloads in a multi-tenant public cloud environment.
- Designing algorithms and techniques to ensure sub-second query execution times even on data sets with more than 1 billion rows.
- Operating the query engine service in our SaaS environments based on Kubernetes and Docker.
- Providing an API for other teams to build user-facing applications on top of our analytical infrastructure.
- Reliability, scalability, cost and sub-second response time are driving KPIs.
- Mentorship by senior and lead engineers on the team
As part of the role, you will be concepting and implementing our analytical in-memory query engine for Process Mining workloads in a multi-tenant public cloud environment. This entails designing algorithms and techniques to ensure sub-second query execution times even on data sets with more than 1 billion rows. You will also be operating the query engine service in our SaaS environments based on Kubernetes and Docker and providing an API for other teams to build user-facing applications on top of our analytical infrastructure.
Reliability, scalability, cost and sub-second response time are driving KPIs. As an intermediate engineer, you will benefit from mentorship by senior and lead engineers on the team.
Further information can be found here.
- Previous hands-on experience with Rust, alternatively experience with another system programming language like C++ and interest in learning Rust
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Understanding hardware details such as cache hierarchies, memory bandwidth, column- vs row oriented storage and processing, vector instructions, parallel/multithreaded processing
- Interest in software architecture
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative. It is all based on trust, not micromanaging. The whole department is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin, however due to the current situation we work and onboard 100% remotely to keep our employees safe.
Our team members are self-organized within their teams, working on independent projects or closely with Product Leads, developers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them!
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth with functional in-house coaching and a personal development budget that includes three days off per year. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning groups, jours fixes and our annual Code Camp.
You are free to use the OS of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and set up your workspace the way you like it. Signavio will support you with all the necessary office equipment, even when working from home!
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone gets flexible working hours and 30 days of holidays per year. Moreover, Signavio will support you in case of relocation and visa application.
*Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?*
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Signavio.
*How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?*
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know.