As a Software Engineer on the Jack Henry & Associates OpenAnywhere team within the Digital Solutions Group, you'll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people's lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We're doing this by re-imagining the digital presence of financial institutions and building products that empower and delight their users.
This position will work on our online account opening product in cooperation with our product and design teams. We are constantly keeping our applications up to date with the newest development practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data. Our platform is primarily Kotlin, Java, Spring Framework, and PostgreSQL.
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, and openness. Our team is highly distributed, meaning you will work with kind, talented engineers from across the United States. This is a remote position with the ability to collocate at several JHA locations nationwide if desired. The majority of the small immediate development team are located in Bethlehem, PA.
This position will be hired in Bethlehem, PA (preferred location), Springfield, MO or Remotely.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in any programming language.
- Must have experience with Java and Spring Framework programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Experience with any of the following: Git or Gitlab, Linux, Docker, BDD testing frameworks (ex: Spek), PostgreSQL, Flyway or JPA.
- Experience integrating third party web services.
- Experience with REST API design and implementation.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project cost/effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.