*US work authorization required.
Software Engineer, Full Stack (Growth/SEO) About AllTrails AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 30 million people worldwide. About the Role As a Full Stack Engineer focused on SEO at AllTrails, you’ll play a pivotal role in our continued growth and expansion by constantly improving our SEO and validating hypotheses through A/B testing. You'll have a pulse on the weather and keep up with search engine algorithm changes. If this role sounds right to you and you're motivated by the idea of channeling your energy to help millions of people around the globe spend more time exploring the outdoors, then we want to talk to you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build best practices for monitoring and improving SEO domestically, as well as implementing SEO strategies to drive new international markets
- Iterate on data-driven hypotheses and test assumptions
- Analyze and optimize client-side UI and server-side API code for efficiency and performance
- Work at all layers of the stack, from AWS/Ruby on Rails/SQL to React/HTML/CSS
- Take end to end ownership and responsibility for architecture, deployment, and maintenance of product features
- Coordinate tasks with your teammates and collaborate with the entire company to refine requirements to deliver the best product to our customers
- Identify and squash bugs
- Work collaboratively as a distributed team and use GitHub, Slack, and Zoom extensively to connect.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years Ruby/Rails or Python/Django, Flask) experience
- 1+ years React experience
- Deep understanding of SEO best practices and proactive in staying up to date with the latest trends and updates.
- Expert with industry tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Lighthouse
- Passion for A/B testing and proficient with tools like Optimizely to measure and report results
- Familiarity with the entire stack - web servers, the application layer, caching, databases
- Experience with responsive layouts and frameworks such as Material-UI or Bootstrap
- Understanding of MySQL or other relational and non-relational databases
- Self-motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
- Curiosity, humility, and open-mindedness
- Passion about web technologies and AllTrails’ mission to connect people to the outdoors
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Monitoring, Logging, Reporting and Alerting frameworks like New Relic and Datadog
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD tools
Our Commitment to You:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits + a monthly stipend for wellness expenses.
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment.
- Annual continuing education stipend.
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family.
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.