Join us in building a product that addresses an important, unsolved problem in business intelligence today, on a team that solves problems together, learns from one another, and continuously seeks to improve itself. Build and launch new capabilities, improve our platform, and watch your work empower your fellow engineers, the broader Outlier team, and our customers!
As a Senior Software Engineer at Outlier, you get to:
- Work with your team delivering value across our stack - primarily in React, Node.js, Ruby, and some Go. We deploy on Kubernetes.
- Design, implement, and launch user facing features.
- Work with others at Outlier, as well as our customers, to understand our customers' challenges and how to improve the product.
To be a great fit for the position, you should be based in Europe and have experience of:
- Coded yourself as an individual contributor in the past few years.
- Worked in modern web development across multiple parts of the stack.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. You don’t need to be a native speaker with perfect grammar, but being able to clearly express your ideas is crucial to distributed communication.
- A focus on the user experience and the business needs of our customers.
- A constant desire to learn and improve, and to help your teammates do the same.
Please note that if you are selected, part of our interview experience will include a project-based take-home challenge where you’ll have the opportunity to present your work to the team. We’re aware that there are downsides to take-home challenges, but we do believe it strikes the best balance between being respectful of your time and giving us something real to talk about during the interview.
At Outlier we genuinely believe that a diverse, and inclusive workplace leads to a happier team and better product. Outlier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities and experiences and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.