This is a highly visible and rewarding role with the potential to make an immediate positive impact in an area directly involved in some of Spotify's top strategic initiatives! We are building systems to seek out problems that are unsolved in the industry. Important business stakeholders like Accounting, Legal & Licensing and Creator Marketplace all rely on us delivering something extra.
What You'll Do:
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives, focused mainly on greenfield development.
- Work and collaborate in a fast-paced environment, with a team of talented engineers, UI/UX designers and product owners to build state of the art web based tools and applications for internal and external audiences.
- Be a strong participant in the Spotify-wide web developer community affecting and driving web engineering across the company.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general. Champion technical and architectural excellence. Promote high standards in terms of consistency to best practices.
- Coach and mentor other engineers; share knowledge, explain, perform peer code reviews.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced web developer with 5+ years of professional experience.
- You have experienced working throughout the full web stack.
- You have strong data and API modeling skills.
- You have experience being a technical leader and mentor, and take pride in keeping up with current standard methodologies in your areas of expertise.
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, reliability, and automated testing.
- You thrive with agile development practices, prioritizing valuable work, pulling tickets across the board, maintaining documentation, and assuring tech debt is recorded.
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern time zone for collaboration
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.