Senior Data Engineer, Python, Java, SQL, AWS, Cloud Computing, PostgreSQL, Data Modelling, Home-Working, Remote
Senior Data Engineer, Senior Python Engineer required to work for a fast growing Mobile Technology company based in Central London. However, due to Covid-19, this role is fully remote and we can consider candidates up and down the UK and right across Europe.
You will be joining the Analytics & Tools team, reporting to the Lead Data Engineer and working on data pipelines, warehousing and analytics systems to provide clean and consistent data to the systems engineers, machine learning systems and analytics team, all of which help to drive the content recommendation platform for millions of users.
As a valued member of the team you will also be involved in building a large scale data lake and helping to inform the long term data and analytics strategy.
- Experience working on high volume, streaming or event driven architectures in a cloud environment
- Experience mentoring, supporting, and developing other data engineers
- Significant experience with one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, as well as SQL
- Experience building and optimising ETL/ELT pipelines
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Redshift or similar databases
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Data Modelling and Data Warehousing/Data Lakes
- Experience with technologies such as Kafka, Avro and Parquet
Nice to have:
- Experience optimising data pipelines for machine learning applications
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi or Apache NiFi
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.