The Software Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining a variety of software that supports our database of scholarly productivity and providing limited end-user support. As part of the development team, you will develop and maintain new applications, as well as support existing applications for our clients and internal users. This is a remote position, we are looking for candidates on the east coast and mid-west. Candidates should be living and eligible to work within the US.
- Maintains company’s proprietary software used for maintaining scholarly activity information.
- Develops new applications, as well as provide enhancements and support for existing systems written in C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server.
- Assists in all phases of the SDLC toward development of new software, systems, and business processes.
- Obtains the business requirements needed from internal and external customers to develop the appropriate solutions to ensure a functional and efficient product.
- Perform the coding for technical specifications written or verbalized by internal and external customers.
- Provides training assistance to customers on the use of the respective systems or processes.
- Collaborates with various departments throughout the organization to create the best possible product and to maintain a timely and accurate delivery of requested software.
- Responds to customer systems issues and provides solutions to problems as needed.
- Conducts testing of the software and assuring its quality.
- Investigates and suggests solutions to defects and problems that may have been detected during testing.
- Implement the localization or globalization of the software as per themarketneeds.
- Conducts performance tuning, balancing, improvement, automation, and usability.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendation in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Serve as a liaison between all departments to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; a degree in Computer Science, Engineering preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in software development.
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET, SQL
- Experience with Visual Studio 2013 and Sql Server Management Studio 2012.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must have attention for detail and take pride in delivering a quality result.
- Strong candidates will possess a self-starter attitude and exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Needs to be FLEXIBLE with daily schedules and willingness to adapt to changes