Full Stack Software Developer, Atlantic Canada
If you're more into coding and results than blood-sucking red-tape, then read on...
When people around you talk, talk, talk … you let your code and your hustle speak for itself.
Your focus and high-standards raise the bar and extract the best from those around you. Sloppy and undelivered projects just don't cut it. Thorough, scalable, and on time that's your work.
Who we are
Our mission? Make money easy and fun for everyone.
Want in on that mission?
Who we need
We need a Full Stack Web Developer to be a key player in our small but mighty dev team and raise the bar when it comes to fintech and beyond.
- You'll test, tweak, and optimize the front end based on user feedback and metrics.
- You'll help to improve user's experiences across our various products.
- You'll write scalable, maintainable, and testable code that naturally minimizes errors.
- You'll work with modern technologies like Node.js, Angular, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch.
- You'll be part of agile development that includes planning, estimating, and work breakdown.
- You'll support our truly data-driven company by integrating with the latest data analysis suites.
- You'll evaluate and introduce new languages, frameworks, tools, and platforms into our workflow.
- You'll test, tweak, and optimize code based on user feedback and metrics.
- You'll work with proven tech in brand new ways, like headless WordPress.
- You'll wear many different hats in a lean, agile, and fast-paced culture.
- You'll support stretch projects and assist the team as needed.
- You'll expand our presence on mobile.
Who you are
You care about your work, you know your stuff, and you go the extra mile.
- You're no ordinary binary magician: You're always pushing yourself as a coder, architect, and designer.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- You have at least 5 years of progressive software development experience.
- You have a bias for action and you want to get things done FAST and RIGHT.
- You love technology, live in the cloud, and can learn and adapt quickly.
- You're a lifelong learner and a student forever.
- You're a proud resident of Atlantic Canada (or willing to move here).
Tech we use
Always expanding our tech stack, we make sure we're using the right tool for the job. You should be familiar with several of the following and similar technologies:
- Server: Node.js, Julia, Python, PHP
- Database: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Hosting: Heroku, DigitalOcean, AWS
- Repository: Git, Bitbucket
- Analysis: Analytics, Data Studio, Kibana, Optimize
What you'll get
We take care of our team. Here's a quick list of some benefits working with us:
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing
- Health, dental, LTD, and life insurance
- Vacation you're encouraged to use
- Your birthday off
- The right tools & training
- Make a real difference
- Do interesting work
- Team building fun
- Regular team lunches
- Healthy snacks
- Mobile phone allowance
Please address your messages to Jessica so we know that you read our job description completely and carefully.